Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hmmmm

Well, I'm not sure where I'm going from here, but let's give it a go. Recently a friend sent me one of those emails, you know the one, fill in the blanks, tell me more about your self kinda questionnaires. So I did and sent it back, but one of the questions was "Four Things I am looking forward to this year 2008?" In they popped 1) Hope 2) Joy 3) Friends 4) Growth.

I know that there is hope today, and all wounds will heal. I know there will be joy again, because the angels God has sent into my path prove that over and over. Today I know what it means to have true friends and how to be an honest friend. And finally, growth, I never want to stop seeking in this new life I have been granted, and I know in my heart he felt the same way for me.

Things had been tough between us, but the bottom line in all of this is that we were a good husband and wife. He would listen to me when I needed to blab, or cry, or just plain bitch. And I would walk beside him when he needed me to, let him do what he wanted in life, and respect and trust him in any decisions he made. The order of our life was always God, Self (not selfish), Spouse, and Others. We knew that God was always first, then we had to stay healthy so we could be there for others and each other.

Looking back I see God's hand in all of this, and feel more reassured and hopeful about life. Ray is in no more pain, he is healthy, happy and whole, and I can hear his laughter in my soul. He knew I would be okay, and he is right.

Well, I'm off to keep looking for work. Run some errands, and then spend some quality time with a friend this afternoon. God bless you all!

Love ya,
Kimberly

2 comments:

indistinct said...

Good to hear from you. Your still in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of hugs your way.

Shadow said...

it's good to hear how you are coping and working things through. lotsa love all the way from sa!!!