Friday, February 8, 2008

God doesn't give me what I want...

But He does give us the answers we need.The last ten days have been tough, but I know God is walking with me, giving me His strength, and I am doing the foot work required.

On Wednesday morning my husband, Ray, went to be with God and his family. My heart screams NO! But my soul knows that God knew this was his time to come home. It was very unexpected, it feels unreal, my body and mind are still in shock. I am sorry I haven't been able to keep writing more regularly, and this is why. I told God that I would patiently await his answer on where life was going with us, and Wednesday morning He replied. I wasn't happy about the answer at all, I kicked and screamed and said NO, NO, NO! It was an option I never even thought about, one I could never imagine. I realize though that God never makes mistakes. I can see that I was there for Ray, loving him when he couldn't see past his own pain anymore, loving him when he couldn't love himself. That is what God wanted of me, to stay healthy, to follow His will, and He is taking care of the rest. I know it will all be okay, it sucks, but God is telling me it will be okay.

The women and men of this program are helping me by reaching out, and letting me reach back. I pray to God for His strength, and he is giving it to me through them. The prayers and love have been so much. I thank all of you, I thank God for you, and I thank God for this time He gave me with a man I truly loved like no other.

God thank you for...
  • Letting Ray and I live each day together, good and bad
  • For giving us opportunities to share life with others and each other
  • For letting us pack this life full of life
  • For letting Ray have some fun, even through the torturous physical pain
  • Thank you for putting him in my path, to share a small part of this journey together
  • For letting me truly learn what it is to love another selflessly, even when I'm not graceful about it at all, and make mistakes
  • For his goofy grin, corny stories, HUGE heart and lovable laugh
  • For all the things You taught us to prepare for this moment
  • For showing me over, and over again, even before this very moment, that YOU are in our lives, moving amongst us even when we choose to ignore YOUR will
Thank you God for loving us all, for ending Ray's pain, and taking him into Your loving arms. And even though this "SUCKS", it is Your will and I see Your way, and will continue to seek it out daily, and know that it will be okay.

God Bless you all, cherish, protect, and love this new life we have been given.
Kimberly

4 comments:

Shadow said...

oh no, i'm so so very sorry for your loss. hugs to you!!!

Dave said...

A big prayer out for you

indistinct said...

Wishing I could give you a big hug. We are praying for you and for family.

Maainerevgal said...

Prayers for you-- so very sorry for your loss. Be good to yourself-- breathe, cry, heal, and remember.
Blessings,
Sharon