Monday, January 28, 2008

Tiger or Drunkard?


I found this extremely interesting, so I thought I would share.

I've been studying the Japanese Language in my spare time, I decided to start with the Kanji alphabet, and then go from there. It is a very difficult, and many layered language, but extremely captivating to me.

What I found though was this, that the Kanji character for tiger, is also the same for drunkard. I thought of one of the many misused phrases "sleeping tiger", used in the rooms of AA, and laughed, wondering if that's where the idea was born. Maybe someone translated the text wrong thing they meant sleeping tiger, when really they meant sleeping drunkard. What do you think??

Love,
Kimberly

4 comments:

Shadow said...

studying the japanese language?!?!? wow. i just look at those symbols and reckon you'd need to be an artist to just write them.... but it can't be that hard. after all, japanese babies manage to speak it, heee heee heee.

msb said...

I think your right. Beautiful card.

Danny S said...

I haven't run into any drunk tigers. Yet.

But I'll tell you this- ETOH mangled me up pretty good. If given a choice between being locked in a cage with a Tiger or to go another round living the life of an active alkie - I would choose . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . I'm THINKING. I'm THINKING!

Peace,

Danny S

indistinct said...

Hoping your doing okay!