Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy Monday!

Well, yesterday was absolutely stunning here! So I went for a motorcycle ride - WOOHOO! God, it felt great, thank you!

I've been really busy, but it also is great today. It seems a lot of us have been busy, pretty cool!

I've lead twice this year already and have three more in the coming week, you'd think people would be tired of my voice, but apparently not. God has put me right where I need to be, and here is a perfect example:

Thursday night I walked into a meeting I have not been able to get to in a while because of other commitments. I walk in and Fred looks at me and says, "Hey, we heard you were dead?!", I replied "Well come over here and hug a dead girl." We all laughed and then Bill explained that it was a different Kimberly that had unfortunately been killed. So please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Bill and I started to talk, and he said that he'd missed a lot of us women at the meeting. We were all in different directions, other commitments or meetings, work or school. I told him it was great that he missed us, but why did it matter so much to him? He told me he was worried that if a woman newcomer walked in there would be no contact for her. The old saying of guys with guys, and girls with girls is important for a reason, but not a steadfast sticking point when help is needed. I told Bill that I would leave him my number in case that ever happened, but also told him that God takes care of us and there would be someone here when they were needed.

Well, kids, God does provide! I was leading that night and we had three new women walk in that door, and two new men, and another man who had moved to our area and was attending for the first time. God helped me share my experience, strength, and hope that evening. Two of the new women reached out and thanked me. We spoke briefly, and I gave them my number if they ever needed to talk, listen or wanted a ride to a meeting. I explained to them to just keep the number, if you don't use it, great, if you do use it, great also.

We made sure all the newbies had a Big Book, meeting directory and numbers before they left. Some asked about other good meetings to attend, and others ran for the door as soon as I was finished, but either way it was great! God put me right where I needed to be, He had me say exactly what He wanted me to, and with a little hope and willingness maybe someone heard what they needed. Sometimes I don't know what the outcome is for a newbie, and other times I get to watch them grow, either way it kept this alcoholic sober for the day.

A group of us are going to the N.U.T.S. study on Wednesday. I've made a commitment to attend all of these meetings (from January to May), and absorb as much as God wants of me. The introduction was really good. lash505, wanted to know why the Big Book is blue and called the Big Book? So I will talk to Gail and ask her, she touched on it briefly, but I can't remember (fried too many cells I think) So hopefully I will have an answer sometime after Wednesday.

Sunday I got to see a friend and her husband. It was really awesome to reconnect, we exchanged emails so hopefully we will stay in touch more. She is a very vibrant and funny woman, and I feel the glow of life exude from her. She would have been one of the woman I would've latched on to as a newbie in early sobriety. Instead I get to be a friend and walk a little of this journey together. Thank you and I love you Joni!

I'm gonna get moving, it's still really nice today, so maybe I'll get another ride in before old man winter gets wise. Have a great and blessed day!

Love,
Kimberly

No comments: