Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Roller Coaster of Life

Well, Life is definitely ever changing, and you never know what is coming over the next hill.

Thank you GOD - I LOVE IT THAT WAY TODAY!

Last evening on my way to lead for the women in a local jail, I was involved in an auto accident. Don't freak out, I didn't, everyone was alright, no injuries or ambulances, our guardian angels were working for us. Many kind people stopped to see if we were okay, if we needed the police called etc...

My car however is out of commission - augh, oh well - so last night after all the statements were taken, all information exchanged, all insurance companies notified, calls returned so no one worried, I crashed into bed and slept like a baby.

This morning I awoke fresh, abet a little sore, to take care of my daily chores, field the calls from claims adjusters, and go rent a car so I can get around. That all taken care of, I can rest and visit with the family and kids (that's what I call the parrots 'my kids'). There is nothing more I can follow up on until Monday, so I am going to enjoy the rest of today.

That is the beauty of working the program of AA for me. Today I don't have to freak out, get worried, lie, manipulate or any of that today. I can do the foot work required of me in life, God will take care of the rest, and I can enjoy this new life. Very Cool!

I hope all are well out there, say a small prayer for a woman named Sara B., and another named Linda K., I know I am praying for them to have the serenity God has given me today.

Love,
Kimberly

4 comments:

indistinct said...

Glad to hear your okay.

We'll remember those two women. I'll pray they can come to the place of surrender.

Shadow said...

i'm so glad you're ok! accidents are scary (and inconvenient).

Dave said...

wow , happy to see you are Ok, I remember when I found out you can total a car out sober.I guess ya got to be glad you were in the car and not on the bike

Roxy said...

Kimberly,
You have such a beautiful blog. I noticed you have a passion for parrots. I love all animals. I would love to own a parrot but I think my love would kill me first. Im glad your ok. If you get time come check out my blog. I need to post pictures of our fur babies on my page. roxy