Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What the future holds?

I'm trying to stay out of self pity, trying to stay out of pain, my heart is torn in two as I wait to see what happens. I know I'm never alone, and it brings me comfort at the most painful of times. The friends I have help me along the way, they don't understand completely, but that's okay. I'm just glad they are here, that I can reach out to them and get out of myself.

Last night was New Years and instead of sitting home with my crazy thoughts, I went to an AA dinner/dance . It helped me again stay out of me. Someone I've known for a short time asked me to sponsor her, and I'm very excited to travel part of this journey together.


It's a new year and I can't believe how crazy busy I'm going to be with life, the calendar is filling up everyday, and I thank God for every minute. I've made commitments not only to myself, but to others, and today I can follow through on them. I've decided that it might be a good idea to go back to work. I need to keep living, I need to continue being willing, I need to continue to grow. If I can't do this for myself, I can't do it for others. Sort of like when I really understood what the word love meant. My how things have changed.


So what does the future hold? I don't know, and today I don't really want to know. I'm content in that I have what matters to the heart most in my life. Nothing material, or financial can replace that which is in my heart and which I hold most dearly.


"Yea seek, and yea shall find." So I continue to seek, because if I had told you where and what I'd be doing today, I would have short changed my life severely. And no matter how painful life can be at times it is short lived by the joy I get today in return.


Love,

Kimberly

3 comments:

Shay said...

Happy New Year Kim ^_^

Shadow said...

the future. if only we knew.... but i don't think we are meant to heee heee heee. after all, it comes around soon enough.

indistinct said...

Just for today, my life is so blessed. Thank you for sharing these words. They remind me of how much hope there is. How much life is to be lived.