Thursday, January 24, 2008

Trying to keep updated..

Well, things are still very serene and peaceful for me. I decided this week that maybe it's time to get a real job, not that I don't have one, but I need something more during the day. I guess structured would be the word. Since we moved here it has been like a three year vacation. Now don't get me wrong, this is not a complaint, I just miss working as a designer.

So I sent out about 6 resumes for job openings, and I have my first interview this morning. For once in my life I am not really nervous or anxious. I know that God will put the right job in my path at the right time. Makes me feel very comforted having that knowledge.

A good friend of mine has been sending me multiple emails a day to cheer me up, and she's doing a great job cheering me too. I don't know where she finds the funny things she does but they are good medicine for me. I have been getting a belly laugh every morning.

Well, I'm off I just wanted to write some of these thoughts bouncing around my head. Hopefully I'll get back to this later today.

Love,
Kimberly

I'M BACK!!! oohheeeooo - 1-8-08 at 3:40pm

Well the interview went really well, that's my opinion of course, but she was a very nice lady, answered all my questions, dug around into my background a little, asked what my day was like, and so on and so forth.

The owner of the company is at the races in Daytona Beach, so I won't hear from them for a 2nd interview, or if they even hired someone else until he gets back.

It seems like a really nice company. Very similar to ones I've worked at before, small, started by owner, very loyal employees, nice office, and I figure if he's at the races he can't be boring so that's a plus sign.

My last employers were some of the best people I've ever worked for in my whole career. They got the job done, but had fun and appreciated the effort of ALL their employees. It felt more like family than work at times. I got the feeling it's sorta the same at this place i interviewed at today - we'll see!

As usual I'm not gonna sweat it, if God wants me there and feels it's right I'll get the job, if not I just keep looking.

Well gonna run, but I wanted to update this, have a great day kids!

Love,
Kimberly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, Kimmy! Go get em tiger! See you this weekend. Love, Patty

Shadow said...

you go 'run'... and good luck with the job hunting.