Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!




This little, happy guy above is one of my favorite Manga characters from a series called "Saiyuki'. He sees things for what they are, loves to eat, play, and have fun. He tries to understand the adults around him, but sometimes they just don't keep it simple. The kanji character above his head reads "play". Today, I can do that in life, and so I will continue to play, keep it simple, and walk the walk with God and my fellows.

i slept in late this morning so I'll still be awake by midnight tonight. All though again this year, at least, I'll remember what I'm doing, not be passed out before midnight or wake up thinking, "where the hell am I?". I will have fun tonight, be with friends, and actually look forward to another year.


I think I will attend my home group tonight, then from there go over to the AA New Years Eve Party they are having at the church. I usually don't go out for New Years, even when I was drinking - I always called this amateur night for drinkers - but I think it's time to try something different. Plus a lot of the girls have asked if I'm going, and that if I don't I'm gonna miss the fun, so I'll give it a try.


In the past, I would usually be home drinking and out way before midnight. When I did go out to the bars, and such, for a celebration I ended up in some very bad places and situations a women should never be near. I never worried or thought I shouldn't be doing this, I didn't care, thought it was exciting, and besides I could take care of myself. That was me not knowing the difference between the false and the truth. I thank God every day for keeping me alive and safe till I could willing find the way to Him and AA.


I hope you all have a safe, fun filled New Years eve. That you have everything in life I wish for you all. That the New Year will bring you hope, faith, love, happiness, peace, compassion, understanding, open-mindedness, serenity, and respect for one another, but most of all hope. As we continue to share with each other, reach out to one another, struggle and grow, we can pass on hope. Please remember to keep the sick and struggling in your prayers.


God Bless & Love,

Kimberly

2 comments:

indistinct said...

Wishing you a new year full of growth. Thanks for all your sharing.

Pammie said...

coming by to wish you a Happy Sober New Year darlin'.
Sobriety ROCKS