Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chasing

"If you keep do, do, doing, you'll wind up with doodoo!"

This was a subject that came up tonight, now I'll put it into context. We were sharing at a life recovery bible group some of the women started, and one shared that she wanted to become closer to God, get into His word, and really study. Her goal is to become "God-Like" (not in the sense that she's God), just close to God as she can get. I think it's awesome, and so did the other women. It's what God wants of us, to come closer to Him, to seek Him. Anyway, she shared that she felt like she was chasing Him, and that she wasn't feeling that "feeling", like a spiritual awakening, but stronger, I and the other women understood that feeling (hope you do to).

Another women (I call her P.) shared that early in her sobriety, and even for some time, she chased that feeling, she wanted 10 years of sobriety in one year. Her sponsor told her that never happens, we did years of drinking, we don't get better overnight. She (P.) went onto explain, that we have seasons (or time frames) in our life, a Spring (where we bloom), Summer (we're warm & fuzzy, having fun), Fall (we reflect & are thankful), and Winter (a dark period before new growth). We could go through all these seasons in a day, a week, a month or years, but we constantly do go through them.

But, we both came to the same conclusion. That if I'm to busy chasing, and running, and doing, and not slowing down, because I'm in to big of a hurry to get to that "feeling" or cram 10 years into 1 year, then I'm not enjoying the journey. The journey is what it's all about, not the destination. The journey gets me closer to God, the journey teaches me lessons. I feel joy, peace, serenity, sadness, pain, etc., but through the journey I get change, and closer to my "conscious contact with God".

WOOHOO! It was an awesome night! Thank you God, thank you ladies, you know who you are, you just have no idea how much you help me!

Blessings & Love,
Kimberly

1 comment:

indistinct said...

I love it. "Cram 10 years into 1" I want it all now. That sounds so much like me.

Your posting is great. As I journey, I draw closer to God. As I draw closer to God, becoming intimate with my Higher Power, I change more into what God would have me be.

And all it takes is one day at time. No rush, no hurry.

Thank you for the reminder.