Saturday, November 3, 2007

My brain is trying to kill me!

Every day that I wake up, I thank God for another day. But, I also remember that every day my brain is trying to kill me.

Right now it, and the devil are in cahoots together. Instead of a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other, I've got dual devils on both shoulders, and GOD carrying my crazy A@#! I'm dealing with lots of growth right now (growing pains). The longer I am sober, the more I realize who I am, what my principles are, and that I don't have to go along with whatever you say (no more people pleasing), or even agree with it (my own opinion), but I can accept you for who you are, and respect your principles and opinions.


So why do you ask am I so
"loco en cabasa" (crazy in my melon)? Because the one I love, who's also sober, can't grant me that same train of thought, and doesn't want to TALK ABOUT IT!!!!!!

I try to approach conversation calm, and steady, I don't want to yell or fight (used to sound like Barney from the Simpsons, still do sometimes), I just want to find a solution. I've gotten lots of suggestions from my network of women, and my sponsor and co-sponsor. These are women who've dealt with this type of situation before, and they have been extremely helpful.


My question is this (it's a long one),
What do you do when the other party doesn't respond, makes no effort, and is isolating?? So far, I've been praying like the mad women I am for God to show me his will in all of this, and be patient for his answer. Keep him in your prayers.

God Bless & Love

1 comment:

indistinct said...

Hello,

I was about 8 months sober and was struggling with my relationship. I could see that my spouse was having a difficult time and I wanted to help. My help was met with a cold shoulder, after all, I was the source of all problems.

I shared this with a group of friends in recovery and was told to basically mind my own business, not to take her inventory. Not to try and change her. So, I tried to follow this advice, and when I did, the relationship got better. (at least in this case).

You need look after yourself, no one else. (not that I do it well. Insanity) One day at a time.