Sunday, November 25, 2007

What's Going On... cont...

So the last line of that quote was "This is a process of deflation (to undo)." I have to deflate my ego, my selfishness, my trying to control. All I can do is my program. Live the 12 Steps in my whole life, continue working with others, and continue my conscious contact with a God of my understanding.

"Cessation of drinking is but the first step away from a highly strained, abnormal condition." My only problem is not alcohol, it is the problems of my own making, the bad learned behaviors, and character defects. The only way to get healthier is to work on my 12 Steps, apply the knowledge in those 12 Promises to my whole life, continue to acknowledge my bad behaviors and not react to them, and work with other alcoholics, all the while doing God's will and not my own.

"We grow by our willingness to face and rectify errors and convert them into assets." So what I realized tonight while talking to one of the women was that I am making a mistake by trying to work his program, again. Remember that 1st paragraph I wrote. I have to be patient, work my program only, pray to God for His will for me, "have tolerance, love, and spiritual understanding" towards my husband, and just be patient and see what God has in store."Giving, rather than getting, will become the guiding principle."

"We have come to believe He would like us to keep our heads in the clouds with Him, but that our feet ought to be firmly planted on earth. That is where our fellow travelers are, and that is where our work must be done." My husband lead me into the program of AA by working his 12 Steps, working with his sponsor and others, by improving his conscious contact with a God he understands, and he patiently waited for almost 3 years for me to hit my bottom. Not once in all that time did he tell me what to do, or to quit drinking, or that I was a drunk, he just waited patiently with God.


Now it's my turn to do the same. Thank you God, and all those who work a program and help me along the way.

Blessings & Love,
Kimberly

5 comments:

indistinct said...

Honesty, openness and willingness. I just read all three. Those were great posts.

Thanks for sharing and showing an example.

One day at a time.

Mary Christine said...

Waiting patiently with God, what a wonderful thing to do!

Shadow said...

p.s. how'd you teach your macaw to snuggle under blankets? we've got an african grey, just over a year old. and he HATES being covered... makes going to the vet fun, lemme tell you, heee heee heee

ArahMan7 said...

Thank you, Kimberly for your wisdom. Really appreciate your comments when I really needed it.

If you don't mind, I would like to add your blog in My Sacred Links.

Please come back again.

p/s Shadow is a good friend.

Shadow said...

hey! my apologies, i always get confused between a macaw and cockatoo.... these parrots sure have habits... levi is just a year old now, so he should start 'talking' soon. so far he does the wolf whistle (obviously), makes bubble noises, barks like a dog, quacks like a duck, makes a scud missile sound and says a vague hallo. but he'll get there i'm sure.

by the sounds of it it may just be a good thing he doesn't cuddle under stuff. they do have rather busy beaks, hee hee hee.

keep well and enjoy your friday...