Monday, December 17, 2007

Aahh! I miss doing this.....

Well, I've been really busy this last couple of days. Which is a good thing, I love life, it's such an awesome journey!

Saturday I was busy working on a commission piece of art, picked up gift cards for a childrens home which hubby dropped off, wrapped gifts for a friend whose struggling with 4 kids at home, made cookies, wrapped more gifts for family, went grocery shopping cuz the cupboards getting bare, and went to hear one of my sponsees lead - she did an awesome job! Saturday and Sunday it snowed, then rained, then got cold again and dumped more snow. I love driving in this weather, there is nothing quite like skating in a car - wweeee!


Sunday did some more work on the art piece, went to dinner with Mom and Dad for my birthday - Outback Steakhouse mmmmmmm! Nothing like a good filet cooked medium rare mmmm! It was good to visit with Mom and Dad, chatted a little bit about everything. It wasn't long ago that when they would call me in California, I was on the phone but not really there (as alcoholics you know what I mean). Dad would talk, and I would be "Uh huh, uh huh...." but I wasn't really listening. Today I can really hear things, and God has let me be a part of their lives again. Mom gave me this beautiful handmade two piece dinner set for sushi - I love Japanese food! Sushi being one of my favorites (and not just California rolls, I love sashimi, eel, tuna - mmm 'm getting hungry), but I love a lot of their homemade type dishes too!


Sunday night I went to a meeting and heard the most honest lead I've heard in a looonnggg time. She was thoroughly honest about where she had been and what still goes on today (not a graphic drunkalog), but honesty about her sobriety, the way her mind thinks, and the way she is today with the Steps, a sponsor and a Higher Power of her understanding.


I know that my brain is off kilter, I realize that today because of working the Steps into my daily living. My brain will always be off kilter, but that's okay, because I don't have to take action on anything this crazy head is telling me to. Today I can walk it through a piece at a time, and see what the end result might be, if I'm not sure I leave the decision to God, and He always answers, maybe not as quickly as I want, but He does answer. The dependence I place on God today, has given me such spiritual independence it's incredible.

Today, I finished the piece. Spent some time catching up here and on another blog. Got to say hi to some friends I haven't talked to in a while. Received a Christmas card from a friend I haven't heard from in 3 years, him and his wife were really important to me early in sobriety (story for another day), but I can't wait to write him back in the morning. And went to my Home Group, where we had an excellent discussion on Step 3 in the 12 and 12. I got to hold and feed Kaylee (about 5 mos) - she is the cutest, sweetest, happiest, quietest baby I've ever meet. She is constantly watching everyone, and smiling, she doesn't want to miss a thing at the meetings. It's been a blast watching her and her poppa grow (in their own ways). What a blessing! Thanks God!

Well, I know this was more about a recap of the last couple of days, but as I said, it's busy, and I'm up early tomorrow and running errands. I get to deliver hope to others who are hurting, spend time with a friend, do some work for another, go shopping for my birthday gift from hubby (he knew I needed riding leathers), hopefully get home in time to make dinner, and go to a meeting. I'm trying to stay out of the way, out of me, and hopefully help another while doing God's will not Kimmie's.


God, thank you for this full and wonderful life you have given me, it is more than I could ever have hoped for, and more than I ever deserved.


Love,

Kimberly

6 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Happy Birthday and thank you for the lovely comment.

Your birthday is the 16th?
Mine is the 15th.

Dave said...

what a whirlwind, I bet all that snow blew over to the nexy county! It is great how life can be so full sometimes. Dont forget to sit back and smell the roses sometime
peace

msb said...

I just love reading stories about people living life on life's terms and loving it. Gives me hope.

indistinct said...

So cool, your comments. How sobriety gives us so much.

When you wrote "The dependence I place on God today, has given me such spiritual independence it's incredible.", it rang a bell. I think you commented on a blog entry about how ironic that is. But it's so true, the more I turn my life over to my Higher Power, the more freedom I get to live life.

Thank you

Recovery Road London said...

Hope to those who are hurting. That really is quite beautiful. *smiles*

We must compare sofas soon! :-D Hot chocolate or peppermint tea, Miss?

Pammie said...

So glad I stopped by your blog today! Lots of good reading.