Saturday, December 8, 2007

F.E.A.R.

Morning!

It's been a wonderful, busy past couple of days. I got to buy some gifts for people for Christmas, spend some time with a really great friend, play and talk with a couple of parrots, hold a beautiful Corn Snake a certain special young man is getting for Christmas, laugh and enjoy this busy holiday time of the year. Something I never did in the past.

Today, I am going to help another friend bake cookies for a children's home. The home is having a Christmas party this week for the kids. They will get to see Santa, have good food and cookies, hear a Christmas story and make a craft, and a group of people donated 30 bicycles for these kids on top of everything else - how awesome is that! I believe that is truly the spirit of Christmas, and we get to spread it around all year long today.

A lot of us have heard acronyms for words in the program, but I heard one for F.E.A.R. the other day that really stood out to me. F - false, E - evidence, A - appears, R - real.

How many times did something I know wasn't true get twisted to suit my means and become a reality? How many times did I not bother to find out the truth from the false? It all stems back to my fears in life, whether they were prompted by selfishness, jealousy, anger, etc.., I would twist things to suit my needs. Today, when I don't know the answer, I search it out, I don't have "contempt prior to investigation". If I don't know the answer, I'll tell you I don't! I push my ego and pride off to the side, and we can look for it together (getting us out of self). I don't want to make false evidence appear real today. Today I want to learn - I have become teachable, and want to stay that way.

Thank you God for all the things you put in my path. I know I am right where You want me to be today.

Blessings & Love,
Kimberly

1 comment:

indistinct said...

You mean all those imaginings in my head are not real? The fear that I get from them sure feel real?

Woo Hoo.