Monday, December 3, 2007

Thankful, Atmosphere, and more...

Every day be thankful for what you have and who you are.

If you appreciate life, share this with your friends, and even people you don't know.


Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings.
Thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.


Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible.
Thank you, Lord , that I can see. Many are blind.


Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising.
Thank you, Lord, that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden.


Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned, tempers are short, and my children are so loud.
Thank you, Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like the picture in magazines, and the menu is at times unbalanced.

Thank you, Lord, for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.


Even though the routine of my job often is monotonous.
Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work. There are many who have no job.


Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day, and wish my circumstances were not so modest.

Thank you, Lord, for life.


Pass this on if you choose. It might help to make this world a better place to live, right?

A friend is someone we turn to when our spirits need a lift. A friend is someone to treasure, and
someone who fills our lives with Beauty, Joy and Grace and makes the world we live in a better and happier place.
Thank you Lord, for these gifts.

Atmosphere (Song title)

once I had a halo,

but then it caught on fire


once I knew a good man,

but he turned into a liar


once I saw a blind man

still looking for his eyes


once I met a bastard

who watched his father die


and now

I'll tell ya how

I know them all


I'm looking down on the atmosphere

I took my number and I waited in line


I'm not frail from the exposure

I'm taking pictures with my mind


once I met a leader

born from genocide


once I knew a preacher

to his faith he said goodbye


once I met a good girl

who shows her face no more


it's hard to learn your lesson

when you've become the whole worlds whore


and this is how

I know them all


looking down on the atmosphere

looking down on the atmosphere

I took my number and I waited in line


Shinedown, "us and them"


I related to this song so much the first time I heard it, it reminds me of where I've been, and can return to if I don't actively apply my program. It also reminded me that I am never alone or unique.

"If we are painstaking about this phase of our development we will be amazed before we are halfway through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook on life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fufilled among us–sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them." pg 83 & 84, AA


Thank you God for putting exactly what I need in my path everyday.


Blessings & Love,

Kimberly


1 comment:

Dave said...

Not extravagant at all! I am chairing a meeting tonite and I think I am going to pick the promise after the 10th step for the topic, I thank God also for all that he has put in my life.
peace